We accept Construction & Demolition debris, scrap metals, furniture, appliances, yard and landscape trimmings, and cardboard.
As of November 1st, 2017 we do not accept Television or Computer monitors. Veolia North America on Marpan Lane recycles electronics; visit their Tallahassee location for more information. The Leon County Landfill also receives electronics at their Household Hazardous Waste Center.
- $65.00 USD (effective 06/01/2022) per ton with a minimum charge of $10.00 which covers up to 264 pounds.
The price per ton for cash accounts paid at scale time is determined by rounding up the calculated extended price to the nearest .50 (fifty) cents. This means a calculated price of $ 9.32 is totaled as $ 9.50. The idea of this policy is to simplify the cash reconciliation eliminating pennies, nickels, dimes and minimizing the need for quarters. This policy has been in place since the plant opened in 2008 and applies to paper, coin and credit card transactions where the account type terms is USD payment.
- No fee for clean metal or cardboard
Additional Special Handling Fees (Posted 06/01/2022):
- Aerosols: $ 1.00 each.
- Ballast all kinds: $ 5.00 each.
- Batteries: $ 5.00 per battery.
- Battery Boost: $ 5.00 each.
- Carpet: $ 75.00 per ton.
- Television: $ 40.00 each.
- Computer monitor: $ 20.00 each.
- Printer or Fax machine: $ 15.00 each.
- Computer tower (CPU): $ 10.00 each.
- Enclosed 55 gallon drum: $ 250.00 each.
- Fire Extinguisher: $ 35.00 each.
- Fluorescent tubes and Mercury containing lighting: $ 2.00 each.
- Household garbage: $ 5.00 per bag.
- Liquid waste: $ 10.00 per gallon.
- Mattresses and box springs: $ 10.00 each.
- Pressure treated wood: $ 75.00 per ton.
- Propane tank: $ 30.00 each.
- Refrigerant Freon Tank $ 10.00 each.
- Roofing Shingles: $ 85.00 per ton.
- Tires: $ 20.00 per tire.
- Two part (A&B) pressure tank: $ 200.00 each
- A special fee will apply for devices that contain Freon® or small engines containing fluids.
- Putresible waste (HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE).
- Asbestos containing materials.
- Containers over 5 gallons
- Television and computer monitors.